Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Death to Flying Things Score - 4-17-1

Not much to say about this one.  I'm rusty (which, when starting with a low skill level, makes for a bad combination) and got into a fight with a couple experienced members of Gunboat Diplomacy in better ships than my rifter (2x Vengeance).

I've been thinking that I need to start shooting more stuff and letting a few of my rifters die a fiery death.  So when Duke and Areolae said they were following Vanderie to the plex site in Heild, I quickly volunteered to join them.  I landed to see not just Vanderie but also his pal Krole just 10km away.

I should have turned and run before they could snarl my warpdrive (Duke and Areolae have more sense than me...), but instead I attacked.  Bad idea.  A few seconds later (after not turning on the armor repper until the armor was practically gone - remember, I'm rusty...).  I was in my pod.

Then I again made a bad mistake.  I didn't have a destination selected for warping my pod and in the time it took to select one I had my warp drive scrambled and then woke in the infirmary in Auner.

Nuf said about this "fight"...  Killmails here and here to satisfy your morbid sense of curiosity.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Jack, I warped in at range just to survey the situation. When I saw you land at the gate, I started burning for ya but I couldn't get there in time. Areolae and I did get a solid butt kicking from them later at the sun. Krole had dual faction reps and booster assists no doubt.

    I went back to scoop your corpse and ran into Silver in a Wolf. I never see him in frigs so I went for it and got jumped into a 1v2.

    So I don't know that I have more sense than anyone... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA!

    Thanks for trying. Having a Jack Dancer corpse around would be comforting...

    And I'm fine with losing the rifter - I have to get more comfortable with these fights so even being on the losing end was a step in the right direction (compared to my usual dallying around without getting a fight...).

    Thanks again for the excitement!

    ReplyDelete