Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh oh. Sorry Jericho!

When an Eve University student loses a ship, there's a bit of public humiliation - they need to tell their comrades what they learned from their blunder.  Sorta like China in the 1960s with re-education during the Cultural Revolution I guess.  When I destroyed Jericho Guardian's autopiloting Iteron the other day I never imagined that I would be getting the poor guy in trouble with the teachers.

On  the lossmail on the Eve Uni board it says this:

Neville Smit2012-06-16 11:59:09 Management is aware of this loss.

Oh oh.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea for the R1FTA pilots to also make public confessions with every loss.  I'm sure they'd be a bit more colorful than what's to be found on the Eve Uni lossboard.

And Jericho, if you're expelled from Eve Uni I'd be happy to put in a good word for you with the R1FTA bosses (such as they are).  Anyone with the balls to fly an iteron on autopilot during wartime can fly in my fleet any day!

POSTSCRIPT: See my comment below - it looks like Jericho was expelled for this 20m isk loss...  Amazing.


 

4 comments:

  1. Management is aware of this loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I see that Jericho Guardian is no longer in Eve University and is (as of today) a member of Blue Republic. No doubt expelled from the university for his mistake. They are very strict.

    Probably a very good move on his part - Blue Republic doesn't care about losses... I think I'll send him isk to cover his iteron loss and pay for some Blue frigates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, what a story, Jack. I had to read it twice to really believe it. Expelled from a corp cause he lost an Iteron with just some drones in it. Ridicilous.

    Thx for sharing this strange story.

    Khardia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing story. I remember being in uni back in 2009 with my first character. It was a great place to learn the complexities of Eve. Sorry to see the Uni de-evolve to this state.

    ReplyDelete