Saturday, November 5, 2011

Death to Flying Things Campaign Score 1-11-1

This'll be short...

I was sitting around Heild minding my own business when I received a message from Santo Trafficante (possibly a mobster, definitely a hoodlum) wondering if I was interested in a 1v1 rifter duel.

Why not?

We headed out to a mutually acceptable location and had our battle.  Or rather he had a battle.  I had some technical difficulty with my guns.  One of them was offline for some reason (the mechanics had better have a good reason when I catch up to them!) and the rifter kept telling me, "You cannot activate this group because one or more of its modules are offline. Please use the fitting window to turn all individual modules online first."  And then, "You cannot bring 150mm Light AutoCannon II online. Without the support of in-station fitting services your ship requires a 95% capacitor level, you currently have a capacitor level of 68%."

Great.

I probably could have ungrouped the guns and used them individually, but as smoke was filling the cabin, I didn't think of that.  And even so, I would have been firing just 2 guns against Santo's 3.

So I exploded.

There's another lesson to be learned here too.  Check out the killmail for what dropped from my ship.  Always, always, always, always move anything you haul to a new station to the hangar before undocking for a 1v1 against a known killer...

As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "It just goes to show you, it's always something - if it ain't one thing it's another."

2 comments: