Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Typical Day in the Life of a Pirate...

Got up this morning and left my base in Auner in my trusty rifter looking for trouble.  A few people in local, but no one on d-scan from my scanning spots.  So I headed to Resbroko.

In Resbroko there were a few people in local, but again no one on d-scan from my scanning spots (several scanning spots, because Resborko is a very big system!).  So I headed to Hadozeko.

In Hadozeko there were a few people in local, but only a battlecruiser on d-scan.  It was too soon to lose the rifter in a hopeless fight.  So I headed to Ardar.

In Ardar there were a few people in local, but no one on d-scan from my scanning spots.  So I headed to Floseswin.

In Floseswin there were a few people in local, but just a heavy assault cruiser on d-scan.  So I headed to Aset.

In Aset there were a few people in local, but no one on d-scan from my scanning spots.  So I headed to Uisper.

In Uisper there was nobody in local, so I headed to Turnur.

In Turnur there was nobody in local, so I headed to Isbrabata.

In Isbrabata there was nobody in local, so I headed back to Aset.

In Aset there were a few people in local, and 3 battlecruisers from the same corp on d-scan.  So I docked up and called it a morning...

Not a single opportunity to intervene against a defenseless miner illegally mining ore.  No chance to create and inspect the smoking wreckage of a defenseless cargo ship possibly carrying contraband cargo.  Or even any frigate or destroyer or cruiser that I could throw myself against in a reasonably even fight.

On the whole, a pretty typical day.  Don't let anybody fool you - being a pirate isn't all glamour and excitement.  It can be, but usually it's not.

1 comment:

  1. feast or famine in null too. mostly famine, but the occasional feast is well worth it!

    ReplyDelete