Saturday, December 17, 2011

ROADTRIP! errr... SPACETRIP!

Last night I was wandering around the Auner station and thought I'd stop by the Black Rebel Rifter Club offices in a not-so-fashionable section of R-level (the lowest "habitable" level above the engineering section) down in the bowels of the place.  I don't get down there very often (frankly the smell puts me off) but it being the holiday season I thought a visit would be mandatory.

I came off the lift and around the corner expecting to find the usual jumble of rubble with some unsavory characters hanging around apparently with nothing to do.  But instead I found a boarded up office space with "TO LEESE - CHEPE" written across the boards in red spray paint.

The Black Rebel Rifter Club has officially abandoned the Auner location.

Well, I have a hangar full of rifters and enough modules to fit another couple hundred in my Auner warehouse.  Time to start moving some of the inventory...

This morning I plotted a course to the new Black Rebel Home in Heild.  It's just nine jumps away mostly through high sec space.  But I was looking for some adventure, so I set the autopilot to give me a route that avoided high sec. That's a bit longer.  And more dangerous.  In the end, it's a 24 jump trip.  I checked in advance and there didn't appear to be any hot spots that might indicate gate camps - so it looked possible.

I loaded up a rifter with plenty of ammunition (on the off chance that I'd get lucky and destroy someone along the way) and headed off on the roadtrip, err... spacetrip.

For those of you that have never been to low sec space and view it as a scary place - this trip would have been a real eye opener.  A couple times I managed to meet other ships under the protection of the gate guns - them jumping  one way and me the other.  I passed through 11 systems that had either 0 or 1 other inhabitant.  Usually there were 3 or 4 locals and no ships on d-scan.

Overall, it was a very uneventful trip.  The biggest excitement was trying to find a couple Iteron Vs that appeared to be sitting in a safe-spot between two jump gates.  But I eventually gave up after zipping back and forth dropping bookmarks a few times and never seeming to get close...  Let me repeat - that was the biggest excitement of the entire trip...

I landed in Heild, dropped off the rifter, and flew my pod back to Hek (via the high sec short route!) to pick up another rifter hull to take to Auner for fitting.

I might make the same trip again tomorrow.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment