Monday, December 19, 2011

Scary Low Sec

That 24 jump trip through low sec the other day made me remember my first attempt at visiting this scary place called Low Sec...

I was new and my two week old carebear character visited an agent in Jel who sent him to Egghelende to deliver four crates of synthetic oil.  The agent must have been having a good laugh at my expense as he saw me leave in my Iteron I (looking back at the lossmail I had no modules at all - just 2 expanded cargo holds for some reason that no doubt made sense at the time) for my fateful trip through the famous Jel/Egghelende semi-perma-camped gate.

As you might guess, it did not go well.

I was met by a 5-ship gate camp that included a Rapier, Machariel, Huginn, Lachesis, and a Sliepnir.  I, of course, panicked since I didn't have a clue about the gate cloak keeping me hidden from them on arrival and started hitting keys and stabbing at buttons almost randomly.  20 seconds after arriving in low sec I was waking up in my clone vat.  Looking back at it, I now realize that it was a pretty upscale bunch of gankers...

I wasn't keen on returning to low sec after that.  And that Jel/Egghelende jump still gives me a bad feeling in my stomach...

No comments:

Post a Comment