Sunday, June 14, 2015

Travel Advisory - Stain Region


Be aware that the northwest corner of the Stain Region is currently a very dangerous area for explorers. Especially the JVJ2-N system and surrounding systems.

A character named Vihane Finnexus is making an excellent living out of killing explorers like me. He's using a battleship equipped with smartbombs. A quick check will show that Vihane Finnexus's killboard is littered with explorer ships, pods, and some very high value drops from the wrecks he creates (fortunately, I had just dropped my loot off in a station a couple jumps prior to meeting Mr. Finnexus).

Fast align time and even the ability to travel cloaked will not save a target from him. Smartbombs explode immediately with extreme prejudice to everything near the battleship. Targeting? Lock time? Speed? Fast to cloak? None of them matter. The attacker can sit near a gate and hits a button to destroy anything that lands at the gate or decloaks after passing through the gate.

Boom! Poof!

I would advise that if you frequent this neighborhood, you should add Vihane to your contacts list and check to see if he's active.

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I can pay him a visit with my stealth bomber. I could use another battleship kill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can pay him a visit with my stealth bomber. I could use another battleship kill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't warp gate to gate. Make pounces on all the gates you frequent and warp to pounces first. Make the pounces come from behind or above the gate, so when you warp down to the gate you're not in smarty range.

    Another tip. If you're in warp and scanning and realize what is coming. Which if you see on scan the battleship you should know what is coming. Overheat your reps/shield boosts and activate them as you appear on grid. You should have enough to just make it through the gate in (almost) one piece.

    ~Steve. Health & Safety.

    ReplyDelete