Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 Wreck-A-Day Challenge


OK, in 2016 I'm going to attempt to get back into Eve PvP.  I've set a goal for myself - a wreck a day.  Either my wreck (most likely) or an opponent's wreck (yeah, right...).

Now, since Jack Dancer is nestled all snug in the Signal Cartel bed with their credo of Not Doing BadThings™ to other capsuleers - I'm in a bit of a quandary.  I suppose Jack could recklessly explore New Eden and hope that every day he gets ganked for the daily wreck quota.  Maybe he could focus on daily relic/data exploration forays in Amamake, HED-GP, Rancer, Tama, etc.  But that’s probably not an ideal solution.  

Fortunately, I have a few alts to call on. 

I have one that lives in a wormhole and occasionally uses a bomber to harass explorers stealing our gas, relic and data sites.  He’s not very good at it (surprise!) and those pesky little exploration frigates tend to escape his wrath.  Though I often have a nice discussion with my target afterward where we talk about the excitement of a bomber suddenly uncloaking next to them…

But even better, I have an alt in RvB that's perfectly situated for creating wrecks and will probably be my go-to character for this challenge.


This RvB alt (Rocco Morocco) has been watching some of the recent Eve is Easy youtube episodes and is anxious to try his luck in a Kestrel.  And even better, since he’s in the Red
Federation, it’s a bright red Kestrel!  Woo Hoo!  \o/  Perfect! 

Now, I won't be on every day creating one (or more) wrecks (my board games, Hearthstone, and Football Manager are constantly wrestling Eve Online for my attention...  Plus, I guess there's RL too...).  But I would like to have a weekly turnover of at least 7 wrecks and definitely a monthly turnover of at least 31 wrecks.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment