Saturday, July 16, 2011

Score Update - Death to Flying Things Campaign now 0-2

This afternoon I was mowing down criminal frigates in an illegal drug outlet like a sythe through styrofoam when in dropped Jack Tygra (no relation) in a Dramiel.  In keeping with my "Death to Flying Things" intentions I immediately turned from the rats and fired up the afterburners!  Death to the Dramiel!

I rushed in and orbited as close to 500 meters as possible while my roaring autocannons spewed out hot EMP.  It turned out to be a better showing that I had previously experienced and I survived for longer than I thought I would amid the hobgoblin II's and the battering from the Dramiel's 150mm (T2) autocannons.  But eventually I heard the sirens and then explosions.

GFs were exchanged in local and I headed back to the hangar for another in the endless line of Rifters...


After the fight, when I reviewed the log it appears that in the excitement of the moment I correctly orbited the Dramiel but then I apparently neglected to disengage my target lock from the drug dealer to actively target the Dramiel!  I never targeted the Dramiel!  All during the combat I was pummeling the drug dealer with my autocannons from long distance and doing little damage.  Meanwhile Jack Tygra in the Dramiel was lucky to have this happen (and probably a bit confused by not receiving ANY damage) and escaped with the victory...


ps - It's "fights" like these that make me glad none of my modules have "II" as part of their names...  

No comments:

Post a Comment