Saturday, March 31, 2012

We Don't Serve Your Kind Here...

Well, I guess I'm starting down the slippery slope to total depravity.  My security status has slipped below -2.0 and the hoity-toity ultra-respectable 1.0 systems now consider me persona non grata.  Their police are instructed to shoot me on sight (and I guess shoot on "site" too for that matter).

Even before dropping to the -2.0 abyss I found it amusing to see my ship orange on the overview of my alts when we're in the same system (orange means negative security status).  If I want to get back in the good graces of the authorities I could shoot some rats, but it's probably not worth it.  A weekend like this one where I shoot innocent 2-week old bystanders will just defeat all the good I could do shooting rats.

I knew it was just a matter of time and was already planning for this situation.  My hauler alt is, even as I write this, wrapping up his studies to fly a cloaked industrial ship that can haul items relatively safely to locations in low sec.  He'll be my lifeline to the markets for equipment, ammunition, and exotic dancers.

For now, I can still visit most of the high sec systems.  But I'm sure that's going to change.  When my sec status hits -2.5 I'll be attacked by the police in the 0.9 systems.  -3.0 puts the 0.8 systems off limits.  And so on until it reaches -5.0 where not only will the police attack me, but other players will have a free shot too and Concord will just look the other way and ignore my plight.  YOW!

The ultimate badge of honor for pirates is a -10.0 security status.  A scary number and something Jack ultimately aspires to...

No comments:

Post a Comment